Friday 31 January 2014

A Knock on the Head!

Unfortunately, I had an accident in the garden two weeks ago that left me with a head injury and concussion.  I am gradually improving, but have been told it may be several weeks before I get back to full health.  In the meantime, Mike suggested I try occupying myself with something crafty, but undemanding.  I have wanted to create an album or journal of my bearmaking for ages, but I never got around to it.

I picked up a sketchbook and have decorated the cover over the past few days.  I created some embellishments in polymer clay.  I used papers, lace, sequins, ribbon and buttons from my stash and used a Lucy Atwell stamp that I hand coloured and aged. All good fun!

Now I can start adding some photos of my creations!

Before I took the hit on my head, I had just finished little Minty.  He has been sitting patiently waiting to have his photo taken.



He is a happy little chap...about 9 inches tall...I think.  He stands nicely unaided.

His head and paws are hand sculpted and painted by myself.  He has glass eyes.


I have started sculpting again in the last couple of days, but I can't do much before my head starts to ache, so it is slow progress!

10 comments:

  1. Take it easy Sue and get well. Your journal and bear are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your accident Sue! I hope you feel well again soon. Little Minty is gorgeous and the journal, such a lovely idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about your head, how scary that must have been. I love your journal, especially the center image of Christopher Robin and Pooh. It is such a wonderful idea to make this book, it will be a treasured reminder of all the beauty you created.
    I also love little Minty. These bears with the sculpted heads are really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne. I never thought anything like this would happen to me. Just a moment's stupidity. So glad you like the bears. I love them too!

      Delete
  4. Eek on the head injury, you're meant to be looking after yourself in your retirement! Hope you feel much better soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Minty looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete